Monday, February 28, 2011

INTRO



This blog is dedicated to the lost art of detail and a dieing industry of American made products. Mainly touching on the subject of American work apparel from the 1940's and 1950's.

I am all for the Unions but not for the pillaging of an industries finances. Let's face it.. American unions demand too much and have driven the American made products to either sky rocket in price or pushed to be made in other countries. Fueling others success and stimulating their economies. Not ours... I have HUGE respect for self reliant countries, like Italy and Japan that stimulate their own economy.

Enough said! Let's just enjoy the past clothing. I will show you some American companies that still make their workwear in the USA and some that make vintage reproductions here... but beware of the prices. Then I'll show you where the best vintage reproduction workwear is made and where to but them.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog until I read this. You should study the topic a bit before towing the line of the Chamber of Commerce. The decline of the apparel industry was not about unions, but drastically cheaper production costs in China. Only about 5% of textile workers are in a union in the US. I'm not sure how 5% are driving up cost. By the way, Japan and Italy have higher unionization rates than the US.

    ReplyDelete